ameless88
Topic Starter
I am worried about the viruses my AVG is reporting to me. The "resident shield" pops up listing at least 30-40 different viruses labeled as "trojan" type viruses. When I tell it to delete them it can't. Since then, I have been getting lots and lots of pop ups, even when my internet browser is closed (but I'm still connected). Also when I try to click on certain links it will take me somewhere else, to some other page. I also tried to download Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool but after I got it on to my computer, I couldn't get into it to start it, nothing would happen when I opened it.
The AVG calls them Trojan Horse BHO.HZG (or .HZF, .HZH) and they all look like this C:\WINDOWS\System32\(then the ending is different with these endings: fofefipa.dll, cpkodg.dll, vebesade.dll, vebukomu.dll, yovujiye.dll)
There are also threeTrojan Horse Vundo.FJ as well That each have the file names: C:\System Volume Information\_restore{4B1AEA69-B95E-4955-A6A6-502CD89CDA69}\RP451A0052709.dll
Also a Trojan horse Downloader.Zlob_r.EX under the file C:\WINDOWS\System32\iehelper.dll
Then a bunch of Trojan horse Generic 12.BYIF under the file name C:\WINDOWS\syssvc.exe
These are all the ones that the AVG won't get rid of. I have no idea what do do about it, I also tried earlier to restore my system settings to a previous date and it wouldn't do it at all, to any date.
I hope you can help! Please let me know if I need to download the HijackThis tool as well, if it helps.
Please Please and a thousand thanks!!!
-Amy