I have searched the forums, but didn't find a similar problem. When I try to boot in any of the Safe modes, it starts to load then reboots. In normal mode it will start the login process, wallpaper loads, but no icons, then I get the message that my system has been infected with this virus and I need to run a full scan. Select OK, and it does nothing else. Can't open Task Manager because it says it has been disabled by Administrator. Have to use the off button to shut down the computer.
I got the BitDefender Rescue CD and did a full scan, but didn't help. Can't do an online scan because the BitDefender software uses and old version of Firefox. So far, can't get good help from BitDefender. Any help in this would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Ernie
DO NOT use any TOOLS such as Combofix or HijackThis fixes without supervision.
Doing so could make your pc inoperatible and could require a full reinstall of your OS, losing all your programs and data.
Vista users: 1. These tools MUST be run from the executable. (.exe) every time you run them
2. With Admin Rights (Right click, choose "Run as Administrator")
Stay with this topic until I give you the all clean post.
You might want to print these instructions out.
I suggest you do this:
Double-click My Computer.
Click the Tools menu, and then click Folder Options.
Click the View tab. Uncheck "Hide file extensions for known file types."
Under the "Hidden files" folder, select "Show hidden files and folders." Uncheck "Hide protected operating system files."
Click Apply, and then click OK.
Please do not delete anything unless instructed to.
Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune. Download - ATF Cleaner»
Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All [external image: Posted Image]
Click the Empty Selected button.
(If you use FireFox or the Opera browser
To keep saved passwords, click No at the prompt.)
It's normal after running ATF cleaner that the PC will be slower to boot the first time or two.