This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Closed] Possible worm win32 infection

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am back after a long time without any problems on my computer. Here is the problem, when I turn on my computer and log in it will give me a box saying that I am infected by a worm and I should run a scan to get rid of it. My wallpaper is green with a huge box in the middle that says YOUR SYSTEM IS INFECTED! I have already ran Malwarebytes several times. It only completes its scan in safemode. Every time it shows the same results. When I remove and reboot I will log back in and my icons for my desktop will be gone, but I will not see the worm box pop up. However, I reboot again and I get the same message about the worm but my icons are back Thanks for any help.
Hello and Welcome to the forum.

Download Combofix from any of the links below but rename it to ABCD.exe before saving it to your desktop.

* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop

Link 1
Link 2


Double click on the ABCD.exe ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
  • When finished, it will produce a report for you.
  • Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt so we can continue cleaning the system.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI