Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Changing the default Font for Footnote references in Word 2003?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cav9mm

cav9mm

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 05:48 PM

Does anybody have an idea how to change the default font and text size for footnotes in word 2003. I can do it manually as in highlight and right click the text and set the font that i want. But as soon as i insert another footnote it reverts back to the original font setting and not the one that i previously specified. Any ideas? Edit: I should add that this is in an existing 80 page document.

Edited by cav9mm, 23 November 2009 - 06:01 PM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 8210GUY

8210GUY

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,284 posts
  • Interests:Hoping to die.

Posted 23 November 2009 - 06:14 PM

Not sure TBH, can't look as I have 07 loaded, I know to change the default font you open the font section where you can select the size\style to use, then in the lower left corner just click on default, thats it, but I have no way to check for footnotes, but had a search and found the following, hope it helps:-

Modify the font in the Footnote Text style

In fact just found another guide more specific, looks like you may need to walk through it a step at a time, but follow it closely and you should achieve your goal.

Changing the Default Style for Footnotes and EndnotesIf you want you can change the style used for Footnotes and Endnotes:Select any Footnote and make any changes you want to the font, font size etc Click at the end of Footnote Text on the [Style] button then press <Enter> Press <Enter> for [OK] again to Update style to reflect recent changes? You can also change the style for the Footnote Reference (the number in the text) and the Footnote Separator, if you want, in a similar way.Any changes you make will, by default, only apply to the current document. You can make sure that they will be used in all future documents by clicking on the [Add to template] check box in the Modify Style dialogue box at step 3, above.

Braindead