This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

CD/DVD Burner & Malware Help Please

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello, I'm having a little trouble. :angry: Two problems: 1) My CD/DVD burner will not work. It will not read CDs, DVDs, or burn either. I get the error message of "No disk in drive D" when I try to play a CD or DVD, and the error message "Please insert a rewritable CD into the drive" & automatic ejection when I try to burn a CD. 2) I am getting a recurring popup from Avira when I restart my computer. It is detecting "Crypted.Gen" virus in my Temporary Internet files from Internet explorer. These both started happening about 2 wks ago. I've used this forum once before, so I'm somewhat familiar with the procedure… and how awesome your help is. So thanks so much for taking a look, and please let me know what you think. IBM Thinkpad R52; Windows XP SP3; Intel Pentium M Processor 1.7g; 1GB RAM
Take a read through this thread and then start a fresh thread in this forum and post accordingly. Please don't forget to include a brief description of your problem, and somebody will be along as soon as.
Helpers look for posts with zero replies which is why you need to start afresh and why i'll lock this one.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI