I've got a laptop:

HP Pavilion 9000. XP service pack 3

I was overrun by the virus "Spyguard 2008" and had it cleaned by the guys at Malware Removal. After I had it cleaned the cd/dvd rom drive would lock up when I would try to access it thru Windows Explorer and the auto play would not work. DVD, audio cds, data discs all do the same thing. When I try to shutdown the computer, I get the messages "Quickplay" and "DrgToDsc" is trying to close or running. When booting into Safe Mode, I can see the data disc and copy from it…. but, not in standard boot.

Here is the Malware Removal link on what we did: http://www.malwareremoval.com/forum/viewto…=415891#p415891

I did go to my "G:/" and "Auto Play" tab and make all the options "Take No Action". Still does not work.

Oh yeah…. I can stick a blank CD-R into it and burn a music disc. But, when its a disc that can be "read"… something is locking it up.

Thanks in advance,