This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

AVG Problems

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have AVG2011. I downloaded Oct 2010. After the download I could see the icon in the bottom tray. I would click on it and select updates or scan. Now I have noticed it's not in the tray. I click on the icon on my desktop but nothing happens. It doesn't boot up. On Task Manager/Processess it lists alg.exe; avgchsvx.exe; AVGIDSAgent.exe; and avgrsx.exe. On my laptop computer I notice quite a few more (9 total) AVG type files. I try to uninstall AVG and get the message … "setup error, AVG product uninstalled, unistall message ignored." Looking at Control Panel/Remove & Add programs it lists "AVG2011 140MB last used 1/17/2011 used occasionally." So I don't know how to uninstall what I think is loaded. Is there someway to know if it's really installed and working? Or what are my options.
There are utilities that will help you know what is actually running. What Windows operating system version is the machine running? XP Vista, Windows 7 __________________________ There are also uninstall utilities that may do a better job than Control Panel - Add/Remove. __________________________ In your next reply: 1. Please include the Operating System 2. Any progress you have made since you first posted. 3. Additional questions or comments.
I have Win XP. I've opened Code Starter. It says under the SERVICES tab the AVGIDSAgent is running, AVG WatchDog isn't. No add'l questions
Glad you got it sorted. :thumbup:

What you use for security is your choice.

AVG has historically been a fine utility and may continue to be so.

Recently, I've been opting for MSE Microsoft Security Essentials.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI