Hi guys, I'm new here!
I have to ask all you something: I need your help because I want to help out with my boss' computer. My boss is a man who, tech-wise, is trapped in the 1970s. But he has a computer, that's for sure, but there are things going on that he needs help on. Let me describe to you his computer:
He got it in 2000, it was upgraded three years ago from Windows 2000/Millennium to Windows XP, he and his girlfriend uses it and he told me that both of them have seperate folders/sections that they click on when the computer boots up (I believe he means when the first screen appears, it says his name on one end and his GF on another) but ultimately the memory is down to 180-200MBs! For a 2000 computer, he said that the full GB was 6.1(?), but regardless of its age, he wants more memory. I came from Spyware Warrior Forums, and I was introduced to CCleaner. I want to tell him to use this, but I need advise before doing that. Such as, what other problems could there be? Does anyone have any others ideas for him?
Thanks guys!
It would help to have a little more concrete information about the specifics on this computer. It would help us to formulate a better picture of what your boss actually has and identify what is worth replacing or upgrading and what is not.
However, based on the information you have provided, I would say this computer certainly is very old. If your boss has the money and is wanting to continue his personal computing experience into the next several years, now is probably the time to consider ditching this computer and purchasing new. Regardless of what you do with this computer it is likely to not last too much longer and is operating well past its expected life cycle.
If you choose to keep this computer, at the very least you will probably need to find more hard drive space. Depending on what your boss wants to accomplish with this computer you may need to upgrade the hard drive all together. For some interesting reading and tips to resolve your current problem you will want to read these threads written by one of my esteemed colleagues.
Cryer, I included two very valuable links to information that cover the usage of CCleaner as well as other programs. Please take the time to read through those links so that we aren't re-inventing the wheel.
Thanks.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI