This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Samsung YP-S3 mp3 Problem

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hey peoples, I'm having a problem with my mp3. I've had it nearly a year, and up until now, everything has been working just fine. However, I put a new CD onto it, and the songs end about fourty seconds too soon. It's quite annoying, especially now that it not only does it with that one CD, but all my others too.

Any help would be nice, since I have absolutly no idea what's wrong.
:blush:
I have no experience with this make, so can only try and prompt inspiration for you to figure it out, so lets start with a simple check, have you listened to the track on the PC ? Basically if it is cut short on the PC then the ripping is at fault, and we newed to try and see why this is happening. The next question has to be do the songs that do this have a quiet ending ? There is a possibility that the software is picking up the quietness as the end of the track and it's prematurely ending it. Next is what software are you using to rip the disk ? Might be worth trying an alternate option One suggestion is check the settings, both on the player, and the software used, look for any kind of settings to do with cross fading tracks or similar, maybe it's doing a long slow switch between the tracks that are so low in volume they can't clearly be heard maybe ? About the only other thought I can offer at this stage is have you checked for\considered a firmware upgrade ? Should you go for this be aware it will probably wipe your tunes\data, so make sure you have all you need backed up before you start, also ensure it's fully charged before starting as well, but the hope here is it may be a known bug that has a fix offered, but do read the instructions before doing this if you decide to give it a go, they may have some requirements I'm not aware of, hope something here gets you started if nothing more.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI