This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Windows Explorer icons turn black

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Friends: I have noticed all my VLC media icons in Windows Explorer have turned into black squares. Initially for a split second they have the original colours, then they get repainted in black. The script is still visible below each icon. The icon still plays the media when double clicked, but I still want the original icons back. I tried icon rebuild and reinstalling VLC, same problem. Any ideas how to fix this? Windows XP Pro. Thanks for any help.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI