This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Retail security suites

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I currently use Zone Alarm security suite, and I'm starting to recieve expiration prompts. My question is do I have to upgrade to the next year's edition or can I continue to run what I currently have? I understand the pros and cons about having the most up to date protection. What advice or suggestions do u have….thanks.
when subscribing to a Security Suite, you get full coverage of the various hazards thought important by your Suite manufacturer.
Generally, you get one or more top rated utilities.
In this case, Zone Alarm Firewall is well though of, and the Suite itself has received some favorable comment.

But you also get some elements which are not top rated, but just put in place to cover the need.

I like to design my own "suite" by selecting products that are known-good.
You can have a look at some of our current recommendations, here:
http://forums.whatthetech.com/Preventing_M…ing_t98700.html
To add to what Doug has said, the simple answer is No, you wont be able to continue using the suite once it expires, it will simply stop working and will leave you unprotected, the best you can hope for is it will offer you a chance to revert to the free option, but this is the firewall on it's own, anti virus\spyware and the like will no longer work, so you have a simple choice, do as many of us do and use individual free options, many of which can be far superior to paid versions (when compared to the likes of Norton anyway), or you can purchase a paid for version as you currently have, even if you switch to another maker, so choose paid for or free and go from there is my suggestion.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI