Windows Vista will not start back up after I shut down my computer. When I turn it on it goes to the microsoft corperation page that has the bar going across the page like it is trying to start up but it never goes past that page, I have to turn it off manually & then it goes to the start up repair wizard & then has to do a restore & then sometimes the computer will start back up & sometimes I have to repeat those steps. Sometimes if I put the "start windows normally" it sometimes will start up & again most of the time it don't. I don't even bother turning off my computer anymore, I just put it to sleep.
I appreciate any help I can get
This is a link to the forum that was in the infections removal forum, they suggested I post it here.
I've been to those pages & none of them have my specific problem:(
This has been happening since about 2 weeks after I got the computer, I called HP & they always have me to do a System Recovery. It starts working ok at first & then a few days later it starts the same thing again. They told me to turn off all windows updates, b/c updates causes conflicts b/c they say it is already up to date & doesn't need updates but that doesn't help, windows still don't want to start I've about had it with HP. i know one thing for sure…I will never buy another HP computer or anything else from HP. They kept putting me off until my 30 days was over where I couldn't return the computer….now they are just plain mean to me when I call for help.
When I turn on my computer it starts as if it is starting normally, it goes to the blue HP page that has all the options like f8, f10, ect. Then it goes to the Microsoft corperation page that has the progress bar going back and forth across the page but it don't go passed that, that bar just keeps going & going.
I don't know what to do….I've done everything, I've just got stuck with a crappy computer.
I've done all the diagnostic & hardware tests on the computer….everything says it passed.
It seems thee is nothing else to do. Thanks for your time.
You need to get back with HP and make them fix or replace your computer. Don't accept anything less. You have a warranty that you need to make them honor. If they give you a hard time, ask for a supervisor and continue to do so until you get to someone who can actually make a decision.
Turning of Windows Updates is not a fix or even a valid work around. The idiot that told you that should be looking for another line of work.
Sorry if this sounds harsh, but supposedly knowledgeable people who give users this kind of run around will get no sympathy from me.
Yeah, I was wondering about that, I thought when there is an undate that if it was not optional that is was needed to keep the computer running right. I know that this computer will not be up-to-date forever & when I asked them when I can turn on my updates, he said "never" .I was thinking, HUH????? I always heard that like in my last computer (windows XP) you should always keep it updated. I had never heard to turn off the updates before. I really wish I had never sold my Windows XP, I made a big mistake when I got this computer.
I have been dealing with them for so long now, I've only got 3 months left on my 1 yr warranty (yeah it's been that long playing merry-go-round with them..lol)
Thank you for the advice!
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI