This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Try To Shut Down Pc, But It Boots Right Back Up?

13 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I would say this started about a week ago. When I try to shut my pc down it reboots itself. Also, I tried restoring my pc to an earlier date and it's unsuccessful everytime. I do get a microsoft error message that there has been a serious encounter with my pc and do I want to report it. Here is an additional error code: Thursday, April 05, 2007 System Error Error code 1000000a, parameter1 000000b0, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 8052d4da. Any information would be great. Thanks BTW, I have Windows XP
This Error is often associated with a corrupted Driver (often it will be the Video Display Adapter) Go to your Device Manager. If you see any yellow or red warnings, then REMOVE the Driver item, and Reboot. Your Windows will "Find new hardware" and "installing Driver for new hardware" when it Reboots. It is "possible" that you may need to update your Video Display Adapter Driver. For instance, "nVidia" driver, or whatever brand of video card you have. _________ If you do not find any yellow or red warnings, then we need more information. GoTo: Event Viewer - to investigate System Errors at and around the time of your machine's problem. Best Regards
I did go through the drivers like you suggested, but I saw no problems there. I went into my event log, but I don't know what to look for so I'm attaching the log in case you do. The problem started happening around the 31st or so. Thanks for your help. N

Attachments:

Please reduce the amount of information from your Event Viewer.
We only need to research the Events that have a Red warning.
Otherwise, most of the Event details that you've attached are simply routine items being reported that are working fine.

I'd go silly, chasing down the Event id's, and they wouldn't even be the problem.

For Events with Red warnings, please include "all" of the information, including:
Event ID, an Event Source, a File name, Message text

Thanks.
I'm sorry if I sound ignorate, but I'm not really following what you need. I did however filter just the problems from the system log. Please advise if this is enough or not the right thing. Thanks N

Attachments:

I'm having the exact same problem. Running Windows XP Professional and initially was having a restart every time I tried to shut down. The reason behind this was that I was actually getting a bluescreen while the system was set to automatically restart on critical errors. This setting is in system properties (Control panel -> system, or right-click My Computer) under "Advanced" tab, under "startup & recovery".

Now I get the bluescreen every time I shut down the machine.

This seems to be a rare problem that Microsoft is not publicly aware of. The error that I see in the Bluescreen is a STOP 0x0000000A (0x000000B0, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x8052D4Da). When the computer is started back up, I see in the event log the following system error: Error code 1000000a, parameter1 000000b0, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000000, parameter4 8052d4da.

So the error code is different by one character?? Anyway, I've searched endlessly and can't find a solution. I search the internet for "0x805d4da" and get a few others (some in other languages) that have the same issues, but not one with a solution. Any help would be appreciated.

Another page I found with a solution that did not work for me: http://groups.google.fr/group/microsoft.pu…cb5739?lnk=raot
I just tried unchecking the system restart, but I haven't tried it yet. I'm also getting an error message that says Miscrosoft has encourter a serious problem. Do you want to send a report. Also, not sure if this has anything to do with it, but sometime my email don't work unless I restart my pc. Could it be spyware? I tried restoring my pc to an ealier time, but no luck it just will not let me. I'm going to try rebooting now and I'll be back in touch. Thanks N :scratch:
nikid506,

Yes, you do have a vulnerability to spyware via your Grokster application.
Follow instructions when you get a reply in Malware Removal.
Best Regards


okfuz here is your Error:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314063

okfux - Please start a New Topic, so that recommendations to the originating Member do not get confused with recommendations that might be meant for you.
thanks dough, but I have posted my log in the spyware section of the forum, but I had no bites. Last night I put a new log out there since it has been a few days. Thanks for your help. N
Hi nikid506, By indication of the Error codes that you receive, the problem you are presently having is related to: Hardware incompatability or faulty hardware newly installed hardware Device Driver problem Newly installed third-party software Missing or corrupted files in your Windows Operating System "Possibly" issues related to AntiVirus Software installed on your machine. ___________ Please Run a Full Tests at www.pcpitstop.com Post your TechExpress Link back into this forum thread. With those results, we can have a better look at your machine's hardware and present functioning. Best Regards
I have Symantec AV Corporate 10.2 intalled and software for a Sony DSC-N2 digital camera installed. I really suspect that there is a conflict between these two programs. The same would probably be observed with Norton Antivirus or norton internet security. I will attempt to uninstall one or the other later and keep this thread updated.
Hi nikid506, I have requested assistance from a qualified Malware Removal specialist, to look into your HJT Log. Please be patient, and know that help is on the way. Additionally, the Full Tests at PCPitstop have revealed some important issues that can be dealt with after you complete any Malware Removal work if any is indicated and necessary. Let us know when you get the "all clear" from your Malware Removal Advisor. Best Regards
Doug, Thanks for helping out with my issue. When will I know that I get the "all clear" from your Malware Removal Advisor? Did you find my hijack log okay? Thanks N

Doug,
Thanks for helping out with my issue. When will I know that I get the "all clear" from your Malware Removal Advisor? Did you find my hijack log okay? Thanks N


Susan528, who is an advanced Slyware Warrior has already posted a reply to your HJT Log.
http://forums.tomcoyote.org/Issues_Getting…640&start=0
Please follow the recommended instructions provided there.
At such time that no further work is to be recommended in Malware Removal, you will be instructed with options of other resources, including returning here to OCP Forum if that is deemed appropriate.

OCP will not be posting recommendations during the time period while you are working in Malware Removal.

Best Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI