Hello, Everyone! [external image: Posted Image]
I would like to know which photo program to use. I've had the Kodak EasyShare which really slowed down my system, PictureIt!, and right now I'm just using the Microsoft Scanner and Camera Wizard to download the pictures but not really doing anything with them. [external image: Posted Image]Kathy
If your only viewing and copying pictures I would just use Thumbnail View in Windows Explorer. There are some minor advantages to programs like that but I wouldn't say there enough to consider using. Is there a specific reason you use them?
Hello, Vectris! 🖼Click to load external image (Posted Image)
I like to edit my photos, enhance them, perhaps use special effects. Someone just suggested Picasa 3 from Google; I was checking out the introduction and tutorial. I don't want a program that slows down my system like Kodak EasyShare does. [external image: Posted Image]Kathy
Thank you, jephree! 🖼Click to load external image (Posted Image)
I am familiar with Photobucket but was not really aware of their editing features. I believe you have to pay for privacy there, correct? Otherwise uploaded photos are not protected. I will check out GIMP. Does it slow your system? [external image: Posted Image]Kathy
Photobucket added an editor about a year ago if I recall correctly. I have just the free version and I have the option for my albums to be public or private. I basically use it for posting images at help sites such as WTT.
GIMP is an Open Source (Linux) based photoshop program. It is as powerful as Photoshop Elements which is $120 software and very similar to it.
GIMP is free but it does require basic photoshop skills. There are many tutorials out there. Just takes some practice.
Wow, that's a quite a list of tutorials! Thank you for the link, jephree! I'll read them over. GIMP sounds like a good program.
I'll have to check out Photobucket's options, again. Last time I checked, (long ago), I had to pay for privacy. [external image: Posted Image]Kathy
Just to add:
Although GIMP is a powerful editor it is not an online storage option.
In order to share your pictures you would still need some online storage site like Photobucket etc.
Photoshop is the only way to go. There are also "lite" versions called Photoshop Essentials which are adequate for more casual photographers. GIMP is fully functional and free but not as well laid out IMO. PhotoShop is the industry standard and all other programs try to mimic it in most ways.
However, if your looking for an advanced photo editing software, Adobe's: Firework, Illustrator, Photoshop is definitely the way to go. Adobe Photoshop Products
however a bundle with these programs can cost hundreds of dollars; I don't reccomend using these software unless your a web designer, or require sufficient photo results.
there is a slight learning curve in case your not familiar with these programs.
There are thousands of free photo editing programs out there, but heres my three favorites I suggest you take a look at: 1. Gimp 2.Picnik 3.Pixia
If your wanting a review on popular photo editing programs, here's the top site to read: Guidetoartschool.com
I hope you found this post useful. If you, or anyone viewing this post needs help with Photoshop let me know.
Thanks, Dave
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI