This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

ActiveX Control Freezes my IE.

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hello, I have a Sony Vaio laptop with Windows XP. I am not that savvy when it comes to fixing problems, but lately, anytime a website requires you to apply an ActiveX control, for instance uploading pictures on facebook, it just freezes my internet. I have to close the window and open up a new IE. I used to be apple to press the little yellow bar that pops up when it requires something, but now it just freezes my internet. Java is up to date, and I read some other tips on other posts but no luck yet. So if someone can help me that would be wonderful. -Thank You!!
Uninstall and reinstall your JAVA Runtime Environment via Add/Remove and fresh download. Most likely you have a corrupted ActiveX script in temporary memory. It happens occasionally, and is not necessarily an indication of infection…. just corruption (a mistake) If the above procedure does not restore your browsing and interaction with websites, then you should consider suspecting malware, and get a checkup in our Infection Removal Forum.
Good.

It is also "possible" that you have some IE "add-ons" installed that may be "protecting you" from doing what you wish.

I'm not a facebook user, so I don't really know, but I wonder if IE pop-up blocker interferes with your desired activity?

Please also reflect on what security applications you may have installed, that may be interferring.
I do not recommend that you disable security applications such as firewall, antivirus, antispyware…
But you may need to allow an exception through your firewall for specific sites to be able to complete your desired activity.
For now just think about it and have a look at your security settings without changing any.
Post back with any thoughts you may discover.

P.S. I'll probably be moving this Thread over the the Browsers, Internet, Email Forum, where we would usually do this kind of work and where you may receive more replies from talented techs.