This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Backlighting on laptop screen keeps turning off !

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

So , lately , everytime I open my laptop , or take it out of standby , the screen comes on then a couple of seconds later the back lighting goes off and I can only see a ghostly image of what I was opening or working on. It only does it on start up , or out of standby mode .. I have to keep rebooting to get it to finally stay on. Once it is on , it stays up all day. I have opened it up and check all connections , all the power options are swithched to "Never" for the monitor. I am out of any ideas of what is causing it .. Only other little qwarky thing it is doing , is that the mouse moves all over the screen when I type .. But I don't think that is any relaion…I hope ..lol Please help if anyone has any ideas of what could be causing this ..
The little button is working freely … The blank screen saver is off … When the backlight goes off , I reboot , and it will come right back on .. Sometimes it will stay on , sometimes it will go right back off .. A good example is this morning , it took me 4 times to reboot til the backlights stayed on ..

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI