Software
Is this enough protection?
3 min read
rupok
Topic Starter
Ok I have AVG free, iolo personal firewall, antispyware, spybot search and destroy, ad aware, Malawarebytes.
The thing is that I do download alot of torrents, go to explicit sites, and surf a lot on the internet. Is AVG free and the firewall good enough?
Should I let one of the antispyware programs also run at startup? If so which one? Thanks for answering.
appleoddity
The thing is that I do download alot of torrents, go to explicit sites, and surf a lot on the internet.
To answer the question, "Is this enough protection?" NO! Nothing can or ever will be. Nothing can protect you from yourself. If you play with fire you get burned.
paws
nicely put, appleoddity.
My thoughts exactly.
LDT over in the malware Removal forum has only just finished cleaning out malware from one machine…..
unless there is a change in operating practices from those referred to in the opening post here in this topic it is likely that it will not be long before infections take root…..
Doug
I like:
If you fly your airplane into a mountain, you don't get to blame the mountain.
DoctorGood
Same here and i can say you that AVG isn't enough for viruses, bitdefender,kaspersky,avira may be better, for antispyware use best one which is stopzilla i think, and near them use deepfreeze, with them you can block %99,9 , for other 0,1 percent malwares there isn't any defense yet.Ok I have AVG free, iolo personal firewall, antispyware, spybot search and destroy, ad aware, Malawarebytes.
The thing is that I do download alot of torrents, go to explicit sites, and surf a lot on the internet. Is AVG free and the firewall good enough?
Should I let one of the antispyware programs also run at startup? If so which one? Thanks for answering.
Doug
Hi Doctor Good,
I've not seen Stopzilla rated as the best and have never been terribly fond of the utility myself (just personal user opinion here)
Malwarebytes and SuperAntispyware are highly regarded free tools.
Webroot Spysweeper seems to be consistently competent for "paid" products.
_________
As to Deep Freeze… good addition.
Another popular temporary virtualization utility supported by some Tech Team members is Returnil Virtual System
The personal version is free for personal use.
I've not seen Stopzilla rated as the best and have never been terribly fond of the utility myself (just personal user opinion here)
Malwarebytes and SuperAntispyware are highly regarded free tools.
Webroot Spysweeper seems to be consistently competent for "paid" products.
_________
As to Deep Freeze… good addition.
Another popular temporary virtualization utility supported by some Tech Team members is Returnil Virtual System
The personal version is free for personal use.
DoctorGood
Hi Doug,
Stopzilla didn't rated as best antispyware at sites, it rated as third at here http://anti-spyware-review.toptenreviews.com/index.html but
i think it is better than others because i tried most of them and they didn't find some spywares in system, but after i installed stopzilla and it found all malwares easily, scanning progres is very fast, besides this sometimes it detects trojans that AV don't recognise. Of course it is my opinion only, except that software, spy sweeper is very efficient another option. Thanks for Returnil Virtual System, i will look it excatly.
Stopzilla didn't rated as best antispyware at sites, it rated as third at here http://anti-spyware-review.toptenreviews.com/index.html but
i think it is better than others because i tried most of them and they didn't find some spywares in system, but after i installed stopzilla and it found all malwares easily, scanning progres is very fast, besides this sometimes it detects trojans that AV don't recognise. Of course it is my opinion only, except that software, spy sweeper is very efficient another option. Thanks for Returnil Virtual System, i will look it excatly.
Ztruker
I've found SandBoxie to be very useful for isolating web browsers when checking out questionable links or web sites. It's a mini Virtual Machine just for the app running under it but provides the same protection as DeepFreeze and Returnil Virtual System though it doesn't have the resource requirements the others have from what I can see.
Sort of nice. You install it then when you need it, just right click on the app and select Run under SadnBoxie.
Sort of nice. You install it then when you need it, just right click on the app and select Run under SadnBoxie.
Ben T
How about if you play with a loaded weapon you might get shot.
We could go on all day with the puns
MS has something like deepfreeze but I can't remember what it is called. It also protects the computer from unauthorized changes.
appleoddity
Shared computer toolkit.
Though, renamed recently.
Ben T
Thats right. I read about it & decided to download it. I installed it on a virtual machine but I decided that I didn't need it on my real machine. I have a complicated setup.
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI