This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Microsoft Security Essentials?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have been using AVG but it seems to not allow my window's defender to load at start up. I've read some good things about Microsoft Security Essentials as a free anti-virus program, but I was wondering what you all thought of the program. I'm not really sure what would be the best protection for this computer. :huh:
AVG is a good product. Paid versions have an option to disable windows defender during install. (Maybe even the free version) I haven't used AVG in quite a while, but it is a good product. I haven't heard anything bad about security essentials yet, but I have not used it.
Well I'm using AVG in combination with Windows Defender in both a Vista and a win7pro machine without any issues. I also use MSE on a Vista laptop and awin7pro desktop. I'm quite satisfied about MSE thusfar, but didn't encounter virusses yet, so how well it really protects remains to be seen…

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI