This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Nvidia Graphics Card Driver on Windows 7

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I've a Lenovo Thinkpad with a Nvidia Quadro NVS 140M graphics card, and I have two operating systems: Windows Vista and Windows 7. The graphics card works fine on Windows Vista, but my computer doesn't detect it on Windows 7. I tried downloading a driver for the card (one specific to Windows 7), but it's telling me that it will only work on Windows Vista 32-bit and Windows 7 32-bit. I'm using Windows 7 32-bit, but it's still giving me the same answer. My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate, Build 7100. The error I'm getting is in this format:Setup detected that the operating system in use is not Windows Vista [32-bit]. Theis setup program and its associated drivers are designed to run only on Windows Vista [32-bit]… (except with Windows 7 mention as well, of course…) And sometimes, in addition to this error, I get an error telling me that the hardware I have isn't compatible with the driver, so it exits the installation. I'm sure of what kind of graphics card I have, and I've downloaded the correct driver a number of times, but it still isn't helping. I also tried getting help on the Nvidia forums, but they told me that I am "beyond help." Can someone here give me any ideas to as why I'm experiencing these problems? Thank you.
Have you checked Windows Update? Whereas generally not the best source of drivers they listed some Nvidia drivers prior to Nvidia. Your main source should be Lenovo. Do you have issues running Windows 7 with the installed driver?

Have you checked Windows Update?

Whereas generally not the best source of drivers they listed some Nvidia drivers prior to Nvidia.


I just checked Windows Update, it said I'm up-to-date but had 31 additional updates, all of which were optional. I checked and they were all language packs.

Your main source should be Lenovo.


I'm not sure where to look for Lenovo. I went to their website and couldn't find any information regarding graphics cards.

Do you have issues running Windows 7 with the installed driver?

Windows 7 runs fine, aside from not detecting my graphics card. Currently it says under display, "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter" - so I'm assuming this is the "card" it's currently using.

And thank you for your help.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI