This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Display Driver

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have a Lenovo running Win 10 with all updates todate.  32bit.

 

I was playin agame at MS site when suddenly it all went  Wobbly  then dark and then system said you are short on memoryetc  etc.  It then became stable.

 

A minute  later system said your display driver is outdated Please install new driver.

 

When I looked at Device Manager it had the yellow triangle on the nvidia card.I went to driver and it said—–

 

"Stopped this device because it reported problems  ( Code 43 ).

 

When I asked for new driver it reported that I already had the latest!!!!   Details are as follows,

 

Nvidia GeForce  GTX 650   Driver date 8/1/2016  version 21.21.13 6909

 

 

 

I have 8GB of Ram and about 1,5TB space on my 2 hard drives.

 

I have been to nvidia site, It auto scanned and gave me  driver version  378.49.  Downloaded. Should I install this. Please must I   Uninstall the old one first? Or would it do that for me.  Please help.I do not know much.

It is now the next day here.

 

When I started the pc this morning I ended up with the list and found   Nvidia graphic driver 311.41 dated  11/23/2013.

 

This does not show in the driver thing in Device manager.

 

Problem solved. Did System restore to  Feb 05. Everything is working fine. D.M  says Device is working properly.

Just for info, you can always get the latest Nvidia drivers for your particular card here:
 
Nvidia Driver Download

Edit: For your card that would be:

 

Version:

  378.49  WHQL Release Date: 2017.1.24 Operating System: Windows 10 32-bit Language: English (US) File Size: 307.24 MB

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI