This has been going on for quite awhile, and I haven't decided to do anything about it until recently, when trying to do some model editing.
I was trying to open up a model from one of my MPQs when suddenly an error came up saying this:
[Visual studio Just-In-Time Debugger]
An unhandled win32 exception occured in MyWarCraftStudio.exe [2260]. Just-In-Time debugging this exception failed with the following error: No installed debugger has Just-In-Time debugging enabled. In Visual Studio, Just-In-Time debugging can be enabled from Tools/Options/Debugging/Just-In-Time.
Check the documentation index for 'Just-in-time debugging, errors' for more information.
Normally I would swing onto the forums from where I obtained this program, but seeing that this is far from the first time it has happened(it's been going on since early 2008), I came over here hoping that a solution could be found. Do I need to re-install Visual Studios, do I need to un-install Visual Studios components(because there are several things on my computer that I cannot remove even after trying several times through doing the uninstallation process)?
I personally have no idea lol, but while you await someone who may have a better knowledge of this, I did a quick search and found 1 entry that showed promise, heres hoping it helps. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811191
Alas, I do not think it will help me here. I would give it a try, but I'm a bit hesitant to use the Registry Key, as they mention that it can worsen your computer beyond what it is at the moment. Seeing that this error is 'close' to the one provided, even fixing it by the instructions may mess my computer up. I'll try doing some research on this a little later today(don't want to spend $60 to call Microsoft about this).
TBH the damage caveat to do with the registry is standard, whenever advising someone to enter the registry there is always the risk they touch something they shouldn't, so as long as you only follow the instructions given you should be fine, the usual recommendations for those about to touch the registry is to create a system restore point, and to back up the registry as it is BEFORE touching it, this should allow restoring to this state should something go wrong, but I do appreciate it's a scary prospect for those not used to it, there was a time I felt the same way, these days the worst case is a reinstall so I don't even think of it anymore, heres hoping the guys can offer some better help for you.
Well after a few days of searching, I'm unable to concoct anything better as a solution. The only question I now have is how do I access my registry key?
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI