This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Unload debugger and try again

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I put in Civ III today and a box appeared saying "unload debugger and try again.". it worked last week and every previous week before that. I have done nothing new to my computer, and yet the error still appeared. No matter where i looked online I've only found help for Windows XP users, but I use Vista (32 version) . at first i thought it was a compatibility issue, but if that were so then it would never have worked to begin with right? There is no amdfix.SYS file on my computer (is it because this is vista and not XP?) and the most typical advice is to change amdfix.SYS to amdfix.sys.old, of course i can't. I updated my computer, and reinstalled Civ III without doing any good. If you are a Vista user that had and fixed this problem, please help! ~Billy

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI