This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Can't debug in Visual Studio 2008

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi,

I recently installed Visual Basic 2008 Express Edition.

I created a console project. The code for this is as below:

Console.Writeline("Hello world blah blah blah")
Console.Readline()

However, everytime I press debug (F5) or step in (F8), my debugged application is no where to be seen. The titlebar in the VS IDE changes to running which indicates the application is open (verified in the task manager) and the pause and stop buttons are also visible in the IDE but the console application itself is nowhere to be seen, not on the taskbar or anywhere?

The only way I can test out my code is to build it but I can't debug! :wacko:

I've reset my settings, I've uninstalled and reinstalled but I still have this problem!
The output should open a window similar to a command prompt window. It shows up on your taskbar.

If it's not, I'm not sure why. You must've set an option somewhere that changed that. First of all, why would you use 2008 instead of 2010? That might solve your problem right there.

Otherwise, you probably need to try some manual uninstallation methods to perform a clean removal of Visual Studio and start over.

You can try these, but I do not know the results:
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/joy/archive/2009/1…stall-tool.aspx
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/joy/archive/2008/1…8-manually.aspx

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI