This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Ubuntu-Problems watching movies

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Wanted to try Ubuntu so I did. I really like it. The only thing that does not work for me is watching movies on Fearnet and Hula. I don't have a problem watching them in Windows but when I try to watch them in Ubuntu and switch to full screen, I get white flashing rectangles. I tried using programs to stop the flash but that did not work. I disabled AdBlock, that did not help. I tried several things listed in the Ubuntu forums but none of them worked. Any suggestions?
Hi suebaby41

I am not very knowledged in Linux, just know enough to get me into trouble :D

But some sites favors windows over other OS's. So if the sites you mention belongs
to this category, not much one can do.

I take it you have tried on other sites as well? Like metacafe or Youtube?
Did it work there?

Running Firefox in Wine for win98 have been known to be able to overcome
this problem. Not perfect, but maybe worth a try. Perhaps one can endure
it long enough, to the new Ubuntu release, and see if it will correct anything
in those regards.

Got a couple of friends at a danish site, who are very experienced with Linux (They test distro's) I'll be happy to ask them about your problem.


Cheers

Ps: I can find Fearnet, but Hula?
Is it just the two sites were you have the problem? What about YouTube etc? Sometimes linux has some problems with flash content.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI