This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Solved] full screen minimizes

4 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, I'm in need of some assistance… When I watch videos in full screen, both when streaming and when watching videos in for instance windows media player the window minimizes every two minutes… :( Could this be malware or spyware? //Sofia
Yes, unfortunately I still need help with this… :( I got the new antivirus program and uninstalled AVG… but I still have the same problem…. Any ideas what could be wrong? //Sofia
DO NOT use any TOOLS such as Combofix, Vundofix, or HijackThis fixes without supervision.

Doing so could make your pc inoperatible and could require a full reinstall of your OS, losing all your programs and data.


Vista and Windows 7 users:
1. These tools MUST be run from the executable. (.exe) every time you run them
2. With Admin Rights (Right click, choose "Run as Administrator")



The issues with your computer that you list, doesn't appear to be related to Malware/Spyware/Virus but we can have a look.


Stay with this topic until I give you the all clean post.

You might want to print these instructions out.

I suggest you do this:

Double-click My Computer.
Click the Tools menu, and then click Folder Options.
Click the View tab.
Uncheck "Hide file extensions for known file types."
Under the "Hidden files" folder, select "Show hidden files and folders."
Uncheck "Hide protected operating system files."
Click Apply, and then click OK.


Please do not delete anything unless instructed to.


Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune.
Download - ATF Cleaner»
Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main choose: Select All
[external image: Posted Image]
Click the Empty Selected button.

(If you use FireFox or the Opera browser
To keep saved passwords, click No at the prompt.)

It's normal after running ATF cleaner that the PC will be slower to boot the first time or two.

Next:

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.

  • Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
    [external image: Posted Image]
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected .
  • When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it to a convenient location and post the results.
  • Note: If you receive a notice that some of the items couldn't be removed, that they have been added to the delete on reboot list, please reboot.

Also please describe how your computer behaves at the moment.


Please don't attach the scans / logs, use "copy/paste". .
Hi again! It seems you were right about it not being malware, spyware or virus. The scan didn't find anything. :( Except for the windows minimizing all the time, the computer is working fine. I suspect there must be a process/program running in the background that must be causing the windows to minimize…. But I have no idea what it could be. I have tried closing all programs except mozilla when watching a video, but the problem remains. Wish I was a little bit better on computers. I'm clueless as to what to try next… But thanx for all your help! Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.46 www.malwarebytes.org Database version: 4169 Windows 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 Internet Explorer 7.0.6001.18000 2010-06-04 19:53:34 mbam-log-2010-06-04 (19-53-34).txt Scan type: Quick scan Objects scanned: 119374 Time elapsed: 5 minute(s), 22 second(s) Memory Processes Infected: 0 Memory Modules Infected: 0 Registry Keys Infected: 0 Registry Values Infected: 0 Registry Data Items Infected: 0 Folders Infected: 0 Files Infected: 0 Memory Processes Infected: (No malicious items detected) Memory Modules Infected: (No malicious items detected) Registry Keys Infected: (No malicious items detected) Registry Values Infected: (No malicious items detected) Registry Data Items Infected: (No malicious items detected) Folders Infected: (No malicious items detected) Files Infected: (No malicious items detected)
This isn't Malware so I suggest you start a new topic in our Windows forum and post this:

Hi, I'm in need of some assistance…

When I watch videos in full screen, both when streaming and when watching videos in for instance windows media player the window minimizes every two minutes… :(
Could this be malware or spyware?

//Sofia

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI