This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Page File location and size

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Dell Optiplex GX 260 XP Pro with SP3 A search for "page file" returned two pages with no mention of page file. I find it strange that no one has asked about it. I have read on several presumably trustworthy sites that the Windows page file works better and faster if it is located on a physically separate disk than Windows. I know that the general recommendation is a page file one and a half to two times the installed memory but is there any upper limit to the size of the page file? When I recently installed a 500 GB disk I retained the 40 GB disk that came with the computer. My intention is to create two 20 GB NTFS partitions for the Windows page file and the swap file for the dual boot Linux installation I'm going to do "real soon now" ( I'll have to inquire on a Linux help site about the swap file).

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI