This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

XP SP2 space requirements

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Does anyone know offhand how much disk space a standard XP SP2 installation consumes? I just need the stat on the OS itself. I'm planning on setting up a Windows/Ubuntu dual boot on two machines and am planning my partition sizes carefully. Thanks, Dave
The smallest partition I have ever tried was 15 gigabytes but 20 is a lot safer, some programs like video editing require much more
Thanks. I'm counting up the GB on all the software I'll need to use. I know that in the end, the Widows partition is going to be a good 100 to 120 GB with all the programs I'll need to run (pro audio production and music typesetting/page layout applications). Do you happen to know the space just the OS takes up? Just a ballpark would be sufficient. Thanks again.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI