This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

How to hide .URL file extension.

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hey there. I'm having trouble hiding .url file extensions. When I upgraded to Windows XP I never used Internet Explorer, I always use Mozilla Firefox, but now that college is not that far away, I want to use Internet Explorer in the college building so I don't have to keep turning on and off the proxy address in Firefox so I'll have Firefox for home use and Internet Explorer for college use. I was adding my bookmarks for what I would usually use in college when I noticed that it said "Wikipedia.url" when I want it to say "Wikipedia". Is there any way to fix this because it used to be the way I wanted it but not anymore for some reason. Thanks.
Hi Gary.. Have you used Internet Explorer's Import feature? Instead of trying to copy favorites over, why not click File -> Import and Export in Internet Explorer. First, erase the favorites that are messed up in IE. Then use IE's built in import feature to import all your favorites from Firefox. Then, you can sort through them and remove the ones you don't want.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI