This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Is it possible to place url's in the Task Bar?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, I have Windows XP Pro x64. I already have Internet Explorer in my Task Bar but I go to several sites very often, like Google, IMDb, etc. Is there a way that I can place url's for places like that in my task bar?
I know when you have a site loaded you can click and hold on the e in the address bar and drag it to your desktop to create a shortcut to that site.
I need to clarify what you mean by the task bar, I guess to confirm my understanding of what it's called as well, never have been a great one for terminology, but I know what I mean lol, anyway task bar to me is bottom right by your clock, but given you've said you have ie there already, I suspect you may mean the quick launch bit by the start button ? Assuming I'm right then yes quite easily, open your browser, find the link you want and drag it to where the ie icon is, to make this easier unlock the task bar and expand the area by placing the cursor over the lines when it changes left click and hold and drag it to the right a bit so you have some open space, then drag the link to the open space and drop it there, thats it. This should work for any OS\browser logically speaking, but how you can identify between each shortcut is another matter, personally if your browser is open already, and your favourites is pinned open, it would be as quick (maybe quicker) to just click the link in there, but if you have a set browsing pattern I guess put the link you go too first in there, then use the favourites pinned to go to the rest, hope that helps a bit.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI