Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 91824 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Addres Bar Ie 6

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kape

kape

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 03:55 AM

After cleaning address box in IE6 (cleaning history and also in register by Typed URL's), there is always a rest of info in the address box. When I type an A in the adress box I get a list of links from programs like Acrobat Reader.lnk, AdAware.lnk ... all programs starting with an A. Also for others from B till Z this happens. Even the maps from the "Favourites" of IE are displayed when typing in A till Z in the address box. Does anyone know how this happens ... and how you can delete this or make it not happen ? Thanks for any suggestion.

Edited by kape, 11 July 2007 - 03:55 AM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 5,968 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 05:36 AM

Hi, Sorry to hear that this feature is causing annoyance, it is normally installed by default to save you typing. Some folks find it useful but it drives others mad! If you want to turn it off: 1 Open Internet Explorer 2 Click on Tools 3 Click on Internet options 4 Click on the tab labelled Content 5 look down for AutoComplete 6 Click on Settings 7 Clear the marks (tick/check) from the boxes to the left of the items, according to taste 8 Click on OK 9 Ok your way out 10 Close Internet Explorer. When you next open IE you should see your amendments have taken place Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#3 kape

kape

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 06:48 AM

Hi Paws, Your suggestion of auto-complete is working for the normal URL's, like "www.andsoon.com" (and I like that), but that's not the problem. The problem is that in the address box other information is shown when typing f.e. the letter A. When all the URL's are deleted I get suggestions for links like AdAWare.lnk, Acroabat Reader.lnk and all the other programs that are shown on my desktop. And more : also the names of my maps of "Favourites" are shown when I type a letter in the address box. I want to know where they come from, how I can stop this ... and most of all where they are storaged to come up when typing a letter in the address bar. Sorry if my English isn'always correct, but it isn't my native language in Belgium. Any other suggestion ?