This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

firefox 3.5

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello
I installed Firefox 3.5 and decide it was not for me.
I removed it from add/remove and tried to find either Firefox or Mozilla in 'Program Files' where it was supposed to go. The names were not there. I performed an advanced search which did not find anything.
Could this clean inunstall be because I did not reboot after the installation of Firefox to begin with or could it be hiding elswhere regardless of the search?
Thank you

… Could this clean inunstall be because I did not reboot after the installation of Firefox to begin with or could it be hiding elswhere regardless of the search?

Er, 'don't think so. I suspect you were looking for it to revert to the previous version, 3.0.12?

You can reinstall it by downloading v3.0.12 here: http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/all-older.html
Keep in mind you'll -have- to go v3.5.x in Jan. 2010, when they stop supporting the older version. By then, hopefully all the developers who do the extensions that aren't yet compatible with v3.5.x - will be.

Just an aside, you probably lost all your bookmarks, etc. Get this for future use:
MozBackup
- http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/download.php
… more info here:
- http://kb.mozillazine.org/MozBackup

.
I'm sorry but your reply does not seem to apply to my post. I was asking why there are no traces of Firefox 3.5 after I installed it, tried it, then removed it via add/remove. Every article I have read talks about further steps to remove it totally from the pc that I did not have to do b/c there were no traces left. I suspected the reason there were no traces is b/c there was no reboot before removal.
Hi Again When I come here it is b/c I am the one who is ininformed and need help. I have agreat appreciation and admiration for you and your coworkers who offer the help. I have a knack of misreading or misunderstanding and I apologize if I was abrupt. I think the articles I read were saying, "If add/remove did not remove all of Firefox 3.5, do the following, etc., and I read them as, "Do the following to remove residual items after the add/remove uninstall." So, when I found no items in the rcommended searches I wondered why. It sems it is because add/remove had done its job. Does this appear to be the case?
'Not sure. Bottom line is: you need to get back to where you want to be.

Example: A few days ago, my primary machine started acting up with intermittent BSOD's and hangs that required power-off/on to get going again. 'Ended up having to re-seat the RAM DIMM - fixed. But I was left with a residual problem that hung around for a few days after that - corrupted data. 'Had to reinstall the firewall and correct a few other things after that. 'Seems to be OK now, though.

'Point is: NONE of this stuff is perfect - 'never will be (see avatar/sign). Sometimes, it's best to put it behind you and move on.

I'm still using FF v3.0.12 (old school theory says wait awhile for new versions, anyway), since not all of my add-ons/extentions are compatible with FF v3.5.x - yet.

You can download FF v3.0.12 from here: http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/all-older.html

.
Moving on is the operative term but I must say I am learning and that is my goal. At my skill level, however, I have to be careful where I poke my fingers. So far so good. Thank you
It is strange because I just used add/remove with no special uninstaller. But I am glad it all left the machine. I am one of the few who did not care for it. I like my MSIE 8.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI