Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93085 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Firefox downloads

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chrissy72

chrissy72

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 08:37 AM

Hey there :wavey: In the past whenever I downloaded a new programme from my firefox browser, I could simply go to my downloads box once it had finished and double click on the programme to instantly install it. But lately as soon as the download completes, the box comes up empty and I have to manually search for the programme in my folders to complete the install, which is very frustrating to say the least. :angry: Any ideas as to why this is suddenly happening and how to fix the problem would be much appreciated! Thanks Chrissy
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. -Albert Einstein.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 14 March 2011 - 11:23 AM

Hi Chrissey, you may get better results posting this question in the Firefox support forum.

But .... :D ... what do you see when you press Ctrl+J? Does that open the Download Manager window? If so, is that the one that shows as empty now? If so, read here: Downloads not visible in Download Manager

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#3 chrissy72

chrissy72

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 05:46 PM

Thankyou so much Ztruker That was exactly what I was looking for! I went through and disabled all my history settings a couple months ago when I realised my kids were simply using my history list to play on my facebook without being prompted for my password, little buggers they are! :lol: Seems I got a little too carried away with my privacy settings and disabled my download features too :smack: As always, u guys are awesome! Chrissy.
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. -Albert Einstein.

#4 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 15 March 2011 - 07:14 PM

You're welcome, Glad I could help.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown