however my pc is just so slow on the internet. It takes minutes to open up a page and transfer between tabs. And if I write its always trying to catch up with me. I have another pc on my network which is working fine. Can anyone help?
Hmm, ok. Lets have a better look on what it is going on.
Please Run the PCPitstop Full Tests, here:
http://www.pcpitstop.com Note: Vista users with UAC must first Right-click IE - Select "Run as Administrator" Register and create a password Accept the ActiveX component to allow your machine to run the Full Tests
Registering and accepting the ActiveX are both SAFE and FREE. Full Tests is the first item in the left hand column of that page. [attachment removed]
The Full Tests take less than 5 minutes for most machines.
Once you have your Results, please post the TechExpress Link back here into this thread for review.
Here's where you will see the URL address to post as a link to your Results:
Post the entire URL link information back here into this Forum thread. Note: Vista users, please close your instance of IE "Running as Administrator" after you are finished reviewing your Results.
Caution: During the testing of Video Adapter, a variety of patterns, shapes, colors and text are “flashed” onto the users monitor screen. In the many thousands of daily uses of the PCPitstop Full Tests over several years, two individuals who suffer epilepsy experienced discomfort and temporary dizziness when viewing the flashing patterns.
If you know that you are susceptible to photo driven seizure, please look away from your screen during the Video Adapter testing sequence. Note: The PCPitstop Full Tests Results is a free service, but is supported by various paid product advertisements for utilities that "could" remedy the OP's problem.
Since WTT is a "free-help" forum, we do not recommend or endorse purchase of automated utilities, and will assist you in manually correcting any problems and settings necessary to optimize your machine's performance. Ask your questions here. We'll help you walk through any necessary steps.
Remove the existing driver first, by right-clicking your graphic card in device-manager and choose remove driver.
reboot and answer no to let windows install a driver.
Now install the ATI driver from the above link.
Need some more info regarding the others or you could try update them via the device-manager.
In device manager you need to locate the entries for your NIC and the game controllers.
Right-click those and choose update. Alternatively, choose remove driver and reboot. Let windows install.
If you can't locate or update via device manager, i need the name of your BIOS and mainboard.
The names on these, can be found through the Dxdiag command. Just type dxdiag in the run box in the start menu.
Info on these are on first tab (default tab.)
And lastly. Do this computer connect wirelessly? because according to your test, two different network adapter drivers are displayed.
One from Via Technologies and the other from Microsoft.
Ok - Might need some help here. Can't find my graphics card in the device manager. Is it under display adapters? I have 2 though. RADEON 9200 PRO Family and RADEON 9200 PRO SEC Family. Or am I completeley wrong.
Checked my dxdiag and I have a Default System BIOS (I think an American Megatrends Inc. P1.90) and I have a VIA M266A.
I also have a CPU-z file which allows me to see that.
Is that right?
This computer is wired. I have two other computers that work Wirelessly (one PC and one Lappy).
Sorry about stupid me - my brother set it all up and he's an uber geek(likes to think!) but never has any "time" for me. Guess once I've started to fix things I'll be more in touch with how to keep it on track!