This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

[Resolved] Serious Malware Infection...Please Help!

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have a Compaq Presario notebook that is about 5 years old. (HP Mobile AMD Sempron with Windows XP) I received a warning on my cpu that I had been infected. I knew it was some kind of false warning from some malware. I have had them before. Normally I would just run my "Malwarebytes' Antimalware", and it would be gone. This time it would not even start up. My Superantispyware seemed corruped as well, and would not start up. I ran my Avast , but it found nothing. Also for some reason, my "D" drive seems to be offline. When I click it, it says drive not formatted. I able to go online, but there is obviously something wrong. For instance - on google, the size of the font changed & everytime I click on a website, another website would pop up. Please any help would be appreciated. I am not very computer literate, so I ask for your patience if there is something I do not understand. THANK U… (I do already have ATF cleaner & HijackThis, among other things that may help. I just need some direction)
Since this issue appears to be resolved … this Topic has been closed. Glad we could be of assistance. If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI