This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Delayed Writer Failed...virus, malware?

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am utilizing my Dell laptop computer to make this posting as yesterday my HP desktop computer was invadied with some sort of virus that has totally taken over my desktop with multiple messages about "delayed writer failed", plus other opp-ups claiming my RAM and Hard Drive are in seriuos condition. My HP desktop is an older computer that I have upgraded the RAM and replaced the hard drive about 9 months ago …and with the help of a professional computer guy who helped me with the Hard Drive changeover. He explained that I likely did not need to run AVG antivirus as I had done for a number of years, but rather simply run Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes to protect my computer. This has worked very well till yesterday. My computer is running Windows XP Home Edition, version 2002, Service Pack #3 I usually run Malwarebytes and Security Essentials scans at least once ever week, and I clean out my web searching download files every day. When this virus arrived I was searching the internet and the desktop (on which I have a lot of files and images) went blank and I received multiple messages (windows) claiming "delayed writer failed" with reference to "file\\ System 32 \\ …………..number series" And then I received this message about wanting to scan my computer for problems and likely offerring me to purchase some piece of bulls… software to clean it up (these people should serve a jail term). I resisted this notion to use that carp** but I could not get their window off my computer, nor access anything else. I subsequently open my computer in Safe Mode and somehow (don't remember exactly) looked at the history of my Security Essentials antivirus and saw that I had contacted about 3 viruses yesterday, and about 3 several days ago. BUT it was indicated that SE recognized these threads and isolated them (neutralized them?). I tried to run Malwarebytes in the Safe Mode but could not. In fact I can not run anything more on that computer that I know how? I need some help, please. You guys were great last Jan when I had problems with the Dell laptop I using right now to contact you.
Your post has been Moved, Closed or Edited for one of the following reasons: 1.) You posted multiple topics and only one is required 2.) You are spamming links to other places without approval 3.) Abusive language or other problems in your text 4.) Your topic is too old (20 days or more) and no replies from you after a volunteer tried to help you This is a family oriented forum to help those that need help. ==============================

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI