This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

problems with connectivity

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

sooo… I just got my new Asus 1000hd netbook, and I'm trying to connect it to the wireless network in my apartment- unsuccesfully. Allow me to elaborate: The network is broadcast from a mac airport router. There are currently 2 other macs (roomates), my my thinkpad (xp), and two xbox 360's connecting the network just fine. I'm postingt this from my lenovo, as it happens. I seem to be actually connected to the network with the asus, as I am sending and receiving packets. The signal strength is good. I cant get an ip address, though. IP and subnet mask come up as 0.0.0.0 in cmd. When I try ipconfig/release and ipconfig/renew I get the following messages: ipconfig/release: No operation can be performed on Locan Area Connection while it's media is disconnected. IP Address for adapter WIreless Network Connection has already been released/ ipconfig/renew: No operation …(same as above). An error occerred whlre renewing interface Wireless Network Connection: unable to contact your DHCP server, Request has timed out. I'm not exactly sure how to approach this. any ideas?
If the network has encryption enabled requiring a passphrase to connect, the most common cause of your problem is that the passphrase has been typed in wrong.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI