Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

linksys wireless adapter - G

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lxLionHartxl

lxLionHartxl

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 11:28 AM

ok, i installed it... added mac address to my router. i got connection! but why do i have a low signal? previously, i had an older version, the wireless adapter - B. when i connect into the net, i can have either very good or excellent connections, now im facing low... i thot the G signal is to receive the best signal from the router? how come i still getting a low connection? and when i had my older adapter too, when i connect to the net; after some time i became an access point... i have no idea what i did. in fact, i didnt do anything to the settings... i let it run under windows configuration and this is what i get... i also went to 'properties' clicked on the 'advanced tab' and saw 3 options: connect to any networks (access point), access point (infrastructure) networks only and the last one is just p2p... so its defininately out.... any idea how to solve this? is there a way to make the signal stronger so i could receive better?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Crow

Crow

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Interests:I play golf, I like to fish tournaments (or donate). I am a Certified Applicator by day, and electronics tech after 5.

Posted 23 May 2006 - 05:32 AM

Can you give a little more info please..? Like for instance whats your advertised upstream/downstream from ISP.. ? And.. have you been to DSL Reports.com...? There you will find a forum dedicated to your isp down to the town you live in. The dood's at dslreports who post in there forums are also employees of and at these ISP's so something will actually get.

"I am not sure what these four 9's mean.. but I think this Ace is kinda high"

#3 lxLionHartxl

lxLionHartxl

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 07:16 AM

ok, sure thing i will check it out and tell you a little more soon enough...