This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

WLAN no longer working, LAN seems fine

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

First here are most of the items that make (previous to this week) home network Clear WiMAX Motorola CPEi 25150 modem Linksys VoIP phone adapter w/router SPA2102-R D-Link Airplus xtreme G wireless router DI-624 usually, i have 2 imac wired to the router, 2 wireless laptop connections, and a wii and/or playstation also wireless. My problem is my network is not found when trying to connect. Not found my any of my usual connections, even when I turn on the airport on my wired imac. A little background info about when this all came to be, I had changed the WEP key one night because I was upset with someone in the house abusing the network among other things. I programmed all devices necessary with the new key, and all working fine. Used the internet on 2 of them before bed even. I wake up the next day with no wireless network found. The wired imac still works. Guy says all he did was reset the router when he found out I "locked him out" he apparently got on the imac briefly, but i am unsure if he was able to access the routers settings via the internet or not. Flashing STATUS and flashing WLAN lights on router OK, so, when I go to the router's address in my browser, all settings seemed fine. Same SSID, same channel, radio on Usually I can search the internet a few days, reading all kinds about whatever problem I seem to be encountering, fidget with a few settings once I've read enough different aspects of what others have had happen when they tried them so I don't encounter worse problems, and within a week its fixed. This one, I have no idea what happened, or if it is the hardware, the settings, sabotage, etc. Please help. I need my wii :( thank you:)
If someone else has physical access to your machine(s) and router, then there is really no telling what they may have been able to change.

If the machine's and router belonged to me, I would start over.

Use the Reset, to return to factory defaults (this will remove all of your settings, and anything others may have done.

When setting up fresh:
Give the Router a new login Name
Give the Router login a STRONG password

Give your wireless a fresh new Passcode.

_______________

Of course, all of the above can be again defeated by anyone who has physical access to both your machine's and your router.
But they would have to use Reset and configure what they wanted. (which would either be beyond their ability, or obvious that they did)
At that point you have a "personal problem" with the other potential users.
Have reset the router several times now. Changed the login password for the router. Changed the SSID Using WPA Tried to connect wirelessly, still connection timeout, my new SSID not on the list of available networks still, just like the previous one was not (the wireless had worked fine before)
What is the "status" of your router? It should be: Status - "Connected" If it is not Status - Connected, then you must correctly impute the user name and password appropriate to your ISP. For instance: [removed]-or-net, Password ************ From the "Setup" panel, you would select the correct type of connection - (probably PPOE) and then input username and password information If you are not sure how to do this, your Router manufacturer probably has a phone line automated help line to assist. For instance, Linksys support is: Customer Service US Phone Number: [removed] (Option 3) Business Hours: 5 AM to 5 PM PT, M - F

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI