This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

After combo fix lost connection to internet

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

When I try to use DSL, I get these errors: For example when I use DSL, and try to go to mail.com for my e-mail or anything, It will find the website and try to connect then I get this at the bottom left saying, waiting for , res://ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm . Also when I tried the at@t repair it says, windows cannot finish repairing the problem because the following action could not be completed, REGISTERING with DNS and also registering IP Address. I called at@t and we tried for an hour to renew the IP address and couldn't.
Hi bellabroux

Lets try this instead ;)

Goto start > Run > Type:

CMD

In the command prompt, type:

netsh winsock reset catalog

Enter

Type:

netsh int ip reset reset.log

Enter

Reboot


See how it goes.


Regards
Some suggestions to try out. Uninstall the NIC card, then reboot, and let Windows re-install. Check that your connection is set to obtain IP and DNS automatically, if not, change to automatic obtain. Network in control panel, click the TCP/IP entry once, then click the Properties radio button. Cheers

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI