Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

problems with internet access

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JAV

JAV

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 07:36 PM

Hello Happy Holidays to you! I am having problems with a Win 2k PC v5.00.2195 Srv Pak 4 AMD Athlon +1800 I am getting a " can't find server or DNS" message from IE pretty regularly. I can come back later and I can browse the internet but the get the error some random time later. I cleaned some malware off the machine but i am not sure if this isn't something else. Event log indicates: Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Service service to connect. Can you help me out? Javier Castro

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 JAV

JAV

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 08:09 PM

I just got this in the event log: The DNS Client service could not contact any DNS servers for a repeated number of attempts. For the next 30 seconds the DNS Client service will not use the network to avoid further network performance problems. It will resume its normal behavior after that. If this problem persists, verify your TCP/IP configuration, specifically check that you have a preferred (and possibly an alternate) DNS server configured. If the problem continues, verify network conditions to these DNS servers or contact your network administrator. My other PC's are working just fine.