This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

problems with internet access

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello Happy Holidays to you! I am having problems with a Win 2k PC v5.00.2195 Srv Pak 4 AMD Athlon +1800 I am getting a " can't find server or DNS" message from IE pretty regularly. I can come back later and I can browse the internet but the get the error some random time later. I cleaned some malware off the machine but i am not sure if this isn't something else. Event log indicates: Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Service service to connect. Can you help me out? Javier Castro
I just got this in the event log: The DNS Client service could not contact any DNS servers for a repeated number of attempts. For the next 30 seconds the DNS Client service will not use the network to avoid further network performance problems. It will resume its normal behavior after that. If this problem persists, verify your TCP/IP configuration, specifically check that you have a preferred (and possibly an alternate) DNS server configured. If the problem continues, verify network conditions to these DNS servers or contact your network administrator. My other PC's are working just fine.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI