This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Loss Of Dsl Connection

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I don't know what is causing my problem but it began several months ago after installing microsoft's SP2. My internet connection is through DSL, I am able to stay connected if I am actively using the internet but if I leave my computer unattended for about 20 minutes I lose the connection and need to reboot the computer to gain the connection again. My DSL provider, SBC has checked the line and state my problem most likely is due to corrupt files possibly something called a pcpip, which means nothing to me any ideas and how to begin troubleshooting this issue? :scratch:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI