I'm posting from a laptop, as I can't currently use my PC to connect to the Internet. This problem occurred simultaneous to a host of other issues that have rendered my desktop virtually useless. About two weeks ago, Google - set as our start page in Firefox - began appearing in cyrillic text. Search results appeared in English. I was annoyed, but couldn't find a simple solution and didn't worry too much about it. Within a couple of days, though, other problems occurred: I couldn't connect to the Internet consistently, despite the fact that my DSL modem and router are operational and my laptop had no difficulty connecting. Restarting seemed to help at times. I ran HijackThis and saved the log, but when I couldn't connect to the Internet, I restarted. When my desktop appeared, the Start menu and task bar had a different appearance: it appears as though I'm running Windows 3.1 or 95: pale gray task bar, etc. In addition, I am not able to run Ad-Aware (System error: 1810 has occurrred…etc.). When I attempt to open Windows Media Player, I get this message: Can't perform operation, low memory. In addition to the above, I cannot drag any files, and Copy, Send to, and other methods of saving files to backup disks, drives, etc, don't seem to work. My DVD drive is listed as a CD drive when I open up "My Computer." :pullhair: :pullhair: Because of the problems with copying files, I haven't been able to save my Hijack This log and transfer it over to my laptop, so I cannot post it here. I am happy to respond with any information requests if anyone thinks they may have a suspicion about what the problem is (FWIW, I do have QdrModule 9.exe and QdrPack12.exe listed in the registry, both of which I know to be malware). Thanks for any help you can provide. Tim