I have noticed that when I go to the hardware selection under system properties and then access the device manager and go to system devices it lists everything in spanish. This is the only heading under the whole listing of devices that displays spanish like this, very weird, how can I get everything to display as it should?
That is weird lol, about the only suggestion I have is to change the language settings on the system, if you are unable to read anything but English like many, then make sure you select another English language, eg American English, British English, I think theres even a Jamaican English, choose something other than yours is, then OK\apply all the way out, reboot see whats happening, then repeat and set it back to the correct English version for your location, if this doesn't help I have no idea what else to suggest lol.
To access the language menu click on Start - Control Panel - Regional and Language Options - Regional Options, then use the drop down box to select another option, hope this helps.
Changing from one english version to another didn't make any differance. But I have figured it out, although most of the devices would signify that they had no driver files loaded for that device I went through all of them several months ago and updated the drivers for all the devices under the system devices heading. This updating of drivers that supposedly don't exist is what caused these files to now be in Spanish, I rolled back my system timer to previous driver and magically it popped up with all the descriptions in English once again, very weird. I know that Intel and the devices which use Microsoft systems have many components manufactured in Puerto Rico and other Latin American countries and Mexico, I used to handle the Intel account for Danzas Airfreight in the S.F .Bay Area and we would be sending out huge shipments of parts to Spanish speaking countries and then getting them back after assembly to re-ship to other destinations. My thought is that by updating the drivers the parts got listed under the original descriptor from the country of origin. Anyway in case anyone else ever brings it up thats why. But my new question is if these devices don't have drivers installed how could I possibly update them and have the language change, very weird indeed.
Well Thanks for letting us know, definitely one for the memory banks, but I find it hard to understand how a driver can change the language like that, in fact the only thing I can think of to explain it is perhaps you downloaded the wrong file, or selected the incorrect (albeit the incorrect default) language before starting the install, I have seen a few things that use a language other than English as it's default install, is it possible any of this may of been what happened here ?
I can't explain it either, but I just did the whole switchero again just to see if it would go back to the Spanish profile. It didn't I think I'll just update all the others and see if they all change back to English. I still don't know how I can update a driver when it says No driver installed for this device. Still mysterious but it looks harmless. I got all the original updates from running driver max and downloading the files they said could be updated. Thanks for your help, it guess this will remain one of those unexplainable Intel things. LOL
I never use or trust a program to give me the right driver, that may of been how you got the incorrect language file possibly ?
What is the make\model of your system and we can hopefully direct you to the correct drivers for you, but check in the device manager and look for any conflicts, if there are any let us know what it says and we can try and piece it all together for you.
It's a Gateway 510 2800ghz 2512mb ram bought new in 2004, I know just about everything is outdated and not in use anymore but it's all I've got right now. Also there are no conflicts showing in any of the devices.
This Page allows you to enter the serial number of your system and it can hopefully take you to the drivers you need.
That said they may not be as new as they could be, the fact there are no conflicts means everything you've installed appears to be OK, but if you want to know more about your system, and find more specific new(er) drivers than the makers offer you can get and run Everest, being an older system it will work well, when you run it go to the system and scroll down the list it shows, each entry in a click-able form will take you to driver pages (most of the time) for that element, so that gives you another option should you want it.