Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Limit on PMs

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 YoKenny

YoKenny

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 26 November 2003 - 07:32 PM

I have over 130 posts and can't do anything. :scratch:
I rcommend installing IE-SPYAD and SpywareBlaster and keeping them up to date weekly.
SpyBot Search and Destroy

WinXP Home user
Posted Image member

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 cnm

cnm

-

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 26 November 2003 - 08:35 PM

I don't know why that would be, YoKenny. I have sent you a test PM, see if you get it and can reply to it.
Microsoft MVP Windows-Security 2005 Posted Image
The Boot camp at Spywareinfo.com

#3 YoKenny

YoKenny

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 26 November 2003 - 08:48 PM

Limiting the PM box to three messages is inhibiting. Sorry but I ment to add: some don't know how to conserve resources. :wavey:

Edited by YoKenny, 26 November 2003 - 09:00 PM.

I rcommend installing IE-SPYAD and SpywareBlaster and keeping them up to date weekly.

WinXP Home user
Posted Image member

#4 Coyote

Coyote

Emeritus-Expert

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 26 November 2003 - 09:01 PM

you should have been in my shoes a couple of months back when I got PM'd at least 10 times a day by new users because they did not know how to post? would 5 be enough for advanced? or would you not be happy with that amount? the more pm's that are stored by each member takes up space on the server and limits what I can accomplish in the future so I definatly cannot go too high on this problem... Let me know your thoughts
Go forth and conquer your goals with the renewed spirit of Coyote and do not let small setbacks stop you from Your Dreams

Microsoft MVP 2006-2007

May your day be blessed by those you love and those you love be blessed by HIM ;-)

#5 cnm

cnm

-

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 26 November 2003 - 09:12 PM

I hope we can manage to make "Save in Sent Items" not the default. Those sent ones tend to pile up. In the meantime people should uncheck that box under the PM they are about to send, unless you do want it saved.
Microsoft MVP Windows-Security 2005 Posted Image
The Boot camp at Spywareinfo.com

#6 YoKenny

YoKenny

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 26 November 2003 - 09:16 PM

cnm:

I hope we can manage to make "Save in Sent Items" not the default.

I agree.

Coyote:

would 5 be enough for advanced?
or would you not be happy with that amount?

I agree with 5. :wavey:

WinXP Home user
Posted Image member

#7 Coyote

Coyote

Emeritus-Expert

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 26 November 2003 - 10:08 PM

it has been upped to 5
Go forth and conquer your goals with the renewed spirit of Coyote and do not let small setbacks stop you from Your Dreams

Microsoft MVP 2006-2007

May your day be blessed by those you love and those you love be blessed by HIM ;-)

#8 YoKenny

YoKenny

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 27 November 2003 - 01:27 AM

I feel bad I got upset and posted OT but it seemed like whenever I tried to edit my profile, look at Members or PM it would tell me I was not authorized to do this. I missed the fact that my message box was full. Now I have emptied my message box I can edit my profile but not look at Members. I sent a message a while back asking when I could post in certain areas of the forum and the reply was that I would have to wait till a certain number of posts. So I was wondering how many posts I have to do to be able to do these things. :oops:

WinXP Home user
Posted Image member

#9 Coyote

Coyote

Emeritus-Expert

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 27 November 2003 - 07:30 AM

There are 4 categories to advance through in normal operations: New Member Authentic Member Silver Member and one other I can't quite remember at this time As the software has gone through 2 updates here, and some settings have changed, I will get back to you on this as soon as I have time to rethink and readminister the settings to the way I had originally designed or think they need to be at this point. Remember though that this is not a popularity contest nor a competition to see who can get the highest ranking the quickest, the main goal of this site is to help people and it is all done by volunteers The new category of Classroom is in that theme as well, to promote from within the helpers we will need to continue this battle throughout the time, we all get burnt out from helping and it seems that the problems always keep coming in so we will always be looking for the next "Tony Klien" to continue this battle against the "Slyware makers"

Microsoft MVP 2006-2007