Hey guys,
I saw on here on another thread (http://forums.whatthetech.com/WinXP_SP3_Belkin_wireless_t92929.html) That the belkin F5D5090 is just not compatible with SP3. I've installed this thing on 3 different computers, my Vista PC works 100% fine, my older XP 2 PC (SP 1 or 2) works 100% fine and my XP SP3 PC has the same issue described there, it says its connected fine, but isnt.
Has anyone been able to find any work-arounds for this? If I have to go back to SP2 to use it, how would I go about doing that?
I have not found any fix or good work around for this problem. Your best bet would be to dump the Belkin and get a different network adapter.
The alternative seems to be uninstall SP3 and keep SP2 updated for now.
You should also report this to Belkin, the more reports of problems they get, the more like it is they will provide a fix or get MS to provide one.
I actually managed to solve this problem. After alot of searching I was finally able to find a driver only download for the rt73 chipset, version 1.3.2 which is compatible with SP3. The adapter is working great now!
I can't seem to find the link again to the specific drivers that I'm using but I'll upload the file in a zip. It seems like the adapter gets interrupted for about a second every 30 seconds but picks right up again that might be an issue with the drivers compatability. There seems to be a 2.1.1 WHQL version I might try but I'll keep you guys updated if I do.
By the way this file is the DRIVERS ONLY. It is NOT an installer so they will have to be manually installed through Device Mangement.