Running XP Pro on Dell Latitude Laptop without inbuilt wireless.
I have recently changed from a Linksys ADSL Modem to a BT HomeHub. My PCMCIA card is a 3COM Wireless 11g 3CRWE154G72 which happily recognised and connected to the old modem and could also see a Belkin 54g modem at my location.
Since changing to the HomeHub the 3COM doesn't even 'see' the HomeHub but continues to 'see' the Belkin.
To make matters even more peculiar I have tried a Linksys USB modem WUSB854GR which 'sees' both the HomeHub and the Belkin and I can connect to the HomeHub without problem.
I have downloaded and installed the most up to date drivers for both adapters.
Any views on how to encourage the PCMCIA card to 'see' the HomeHub?
Many thanks - Simpson.
I could be wrong, but I suspect that it is not capable of reading the frequency of the hub, I am a bit out of my depth here, so may be missing something, but the card can handle:-
Now the BT hub uses 802.11n, and uses WPA2 encryption as standard, although you can log into the router and change this if I recall, been a while since I set up a BT hub, another possible that comes to mind is channels, can't recall BT's settings, but my Sky set up uses a specific channel, so I mention this incase it helps you see something in front of you that helps, sorry I can't give more exact help, but hopefully this will give some deeper insight, you could always give the BT tech a call\mail and tell them the equipment being used, if it is as I suspect not capable of supporting the hub they should be able to tell you quickly, hope I'm wrong, and it's a quick and simple adaption to the configuration required, hope this helps a bit anyway, good luck.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI