This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Rip Off Malware

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello, My laptop has become infected with rip off malware. I get a message telling me 'VISTA INTERNET SECURITY HAS BLOCKED A PROGRAM FROM ACCESSING THE INTERNET' after which I get the option to register the product which, of course, is recommended or carry on unprotected, which I am doing. This is one of those buy me or suffer options until I can get rid of it. I have tried to open Malwarebytes but the programme is blocked as is Internet Explorer or in fact, any of my applications. HELP!!!! Many thanks in advance. Norman R
:welcome:

That program is a trojan :)



Download DDS from one of the links below to your desktop

Link 1
Link 2

  • Double click the tool to run it.
  • A black Screen will open, just read the contents and do nothing.
  • When the tool finishes, it will open 2 reports, DDS.txt and attach.txt
  • Copy/Paste the contents of 'DDS.txt' into your post.
  • 'attach.txt' should be zipped using Windows native zip utility and attached to your post. Compress and uncompress files (zip files)
Dear Ken, Thank you for your reply. I can tell you now that my problem is fixed as, quite coincidentally, a relative of mine popped over yesterday with a friend of his who is a bit of a computer expert. He offered to look at my problem and fixed in in what seemed like no time at all. It's always easy when one knows how! I am always grateful to this website for past help and, no doubt, future help too. regards, NormanR
Your welcome Norman, glad its fixed. This thread will be closed so if it comes back or any other problems just start a new thread.


Keeping your Java updated is very important to the security of your system, info here on how to update
http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=1…amp;postcount=2


  • How did I get infected in the first place ?
    Read these links and find out how to prevent getting infected again.
  • Tutorial for System Restore <– Do this first to prevent yourself from being reinfected.
  • WhattheTech
  • Grinler BleepingComputer
  • GeeksTo Go
  • Dslreports


Safe Surfn
Ken

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI