I really need some help, I have been infected by a bad one. It has downloaded a "system security 2009" onto my desktop, and it begins to run and tells me that i have all kinds of spyware on the computer. Also it had Changed the desktop to "WARNING Your're in danger,your computer is infected with spyware………." I have tried running malwarebytes, but it wont allow me. whenever I try to open malwarebytes an error balloon comes off the taskbar saying that the file mbam.exe is infected and could not be opened. And i have had the same problem with using HJT. also, pop ups to unsavory sites are intermittently popping up
I'd really appreciate any help as soon as possible.
Thanks
A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.
Notepad will open with the results, click no to the Optional_Scan
Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.
Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.
Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE
– Note: The screen instructions indicate the attach.txt must be zipped before attaching (not posted) to your forum post. Instead, we want you to include attach.txt as an attachment to upload using the "Browse" button in the text editor when making your reply.