My computer seemed to downlooad Spyware Protect 2009 and I can't seem to do anything to fix it.
I have tried to download Malware Spyware Protect, but my system will not seem to allow me to open and install .exe files.
The Spyware Protect program has now also changed my browser so that anytime I try to launch an internet search, it pops up with its own window saying that the site is not safe and prevents me from doing anything.
Now, also when I try to do a search for files in Windows Explorer, it freezes up my computer.
Is there anything that I can do at this point besides wiping the computer clean??
All advice given by anyone volunteering here, is taken at your own risk.
While best efforts are made to assist in removing infections safely, unexpected stuff can happen.
Spyware Protect 2009 <–This is a trojan
Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here or Here
Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.<– Don't forget this
When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.
The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy and Paste the entire report in your next reply along with a New Hijackthis log.