This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Cannot Sign Into My Hotmail Account And Msn Messen

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Dear all,

First of all, I really appreciate all your help. But recently I have trouble with logging into some webpages like msn homepage and messenger, hotmail, jukebox and bankofamerica. Prior to the problem, I have downloaded a few popular softwares and uninstalled both Earthlink and AOL softwares which I had never used before. Most recent downloaded softwares include (TZ connection booster, VNC and webshots) from donwload.com. In an attempt to correct the problem, I had even disabled my Content advisor, but it just did not do any better.

My windows XP only seem to have problem with logging-into particular webpages. I am able to click on anything else other than "log in" and browse everything else from my msn, hotmail and bankofamerica.com. In addition, I am able to browse yahoo and log into my yahoo e-mail account and some other webpages with no problem.

Would deleting Earthlink and Aol be the cause of the problem or is that something else?

For example, I have already used my MSN messenger for quiet a while and this is the first time I encounter such kind of problem. After I typed in my user name and password for my MSN messenger, I clicked on to sign in and below is the error messege I got:

"Sorry, we could not sign you in because the sign-in name you entered does not exist or your password is incorrect. If you have forgotten your password, please click help in main Messenger window, and click help topics for instructions on resetting your password. 0x81000303."

However, with my permission, Dell attempted to search and fix the problem for me and it said that my settings and password are good and suggested that ZoneAlarm is the cause of the problem. I then disabled ZoneAlarm and Avast and other programs, but I still could not log into MSN messenger.

Add: when I use another computer at home to log into my hotmail, msn, jukebox and others, everythings work just fine. Thanks again for your help.


Here is another messege I just remembered,

"Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page. As a result the page may not display correctly."

I actually I saw this messege a few times before even when using yahoo webpage. I have just enabled all Security Level for both Internet and Local Intranet and still does not do any good. Thanks!!!

Below is a messege from Jim, thanks for his help:

"The MSN and Hotmail logins are done using Passport. I recently encountered a similar problem, which was resolved by this:

Go into the browser. Select Tools/Internet Options, and go to the privacy tab - at the bottom - click on the edit button. Make sure that passport.com and passport.net are both set to ALLOW, click OK then go back to the general tab and click on delete cookies, click ok and ok again.

There's always the unfortunate possibility of malware. If it's not a browser settings issue, download, install, update and run Ad-Aware and Spybot as described in this article by ChrisRLG. If you continue to experience problems, the next step is to download HijackThis, a malware analysis and removal tool, install it as described ChrisRLG's article, and submit a log to the good folks in the Virus Information and Removal board for review. Be sure to post the log in a new message, and describe the problem you're experiencing.

Jim"

So now after carefully follwing through every step of Jim's instruction, I have the following items from hijackthis log file:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
Scan saved at 11:38:29 AM, on 6/12/2004
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsrte.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\carpserv.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\AccessDirect\dadapp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\DSentry.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\Agent\mcagent.exe
C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshld.exe
C:\WINDOWS\kdx\KHost.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\SYSTEM~1\WScheduler.exe
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mmtask.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\BILLPS~1\WINPAT~1\WinPatrol.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashmaisv.exe
C:\Program Files\CursorXP\CursorXP.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Others\Desktop\John's documents\John's download\screen savers\cool features\cleanupHistroryFiles\FreeRamBetterSpeed\FreeRAM XP Pro 1.40.exe
C:\Program Files\Switch Off\swoff.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wgp.exe
C:\Program Files\Digital Line Detect\DLG.exe
C:\Kingsoft\Powerword 2003\XDICT.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\webshots.scr
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wbem\wmiapsrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Avant Browser\iexplore.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Others\Desktop\John's documents\John's download\screen savers\spyware finders\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://mail.yahoo.com/?.intl=us
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dellnet.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.dellnet.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = http://localhost
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,Shellnext = http://www.dellnet.com/
R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\ycomp5_3_16_0.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SysShield IE Popup Blocker - {9A23B8A4-C6C9-4A68-8FA6-5F905DC8FF80} - C:\Program Files\SysShield Tools\Internet Eraser\pkext.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {6C3797D2-3FEF-4cd4-B654-D3AE55B4128C} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: AbsoluteShield - {EE9DD090-902D-4623-9360-FB7D8666202B} - C:\Program Files\SysShield Tools\Internet Eraser\AbsoluteBar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\ycomp5_3_16_0.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIModeChange] Ati2mdxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CARPService] carpserv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DadApp] C:\Program Files\Dell\AccessDirect\dadapp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DVDSentry] C:\WINDOWS\System32\DSentry.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCAgentExe] C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\Agent\mcagent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\McUpdate.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdaptecDirectCD] "C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VirusScan Online] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshld.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ConMgr.exe] "C:\Program Files\EarthLink 5.0\conmgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [kdx] C:\WINDOWS\kdx\KHost.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WScheduler] C:\PROGRA~1\SYSTEM~1\WScheduler.exe /LOGON
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mmtask] C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mmtask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinPatrol] "C:\PROGRA~1\BILLPS~1\WINPAT~1\WinPatrol.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinGuard Pro] C:\WINDOWS\System32\lockctrl.exe C:\WINDOWS\System32\wgp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ashMaiSv] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashmaisv.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CursorXP] C:\Program Files\CursorXP\CursorXP.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [FreeRAM XP] "C:\Documents and Settings\Others\Desktop\John's documents\John's download\screen savers\cool features\cleanupHistroryFiles\FreeRamBetterSpeed\FreeRAM XP Pro 1.40.exe" -win
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Switch Off] C:\Program Files\Switch Off\swoff.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
O4 - Startup: Webshots.lnk = C:\Program Files\Webshots\Launcher.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Digital Line Detect.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Powerword 2003.lnk = C:\Kingsoft\Powerword 2003\XDICT.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Add animation to IncrediMail Style Box - C:\PROGRA~1\INCRED~2\bin\resources\WebMenuImg.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Add to AD Black List - C:\Program Files\Avant Browser\AddToADBlackList.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Block All Images from the Same Server - C:\Program Files\Avant Browser\AddAllToADBlackList.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Highlight - C:\Program Files\Avant Browser\Highlight.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Open All Links in This Page… - C:\Program Files\Avant Browser\OpenAllLinks.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Search - C:\Program Files\Avant Browser\Search.htm
O9 - Extra button: PowerWord (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Real.com (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Messenger (HKLM)
O10 - Broken Internet access because of LSP provider 'osmim.dll' missing
O12 - Plugin for .png: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS\npqtplugin4.dll
O16 - DPF: Yahoo! Pool 2 - http://download.games.yahoo.com/games/clients/y/potd_x.cab
O16 - DPF: {01A88BB1-1174-41EC-ACCB-963509EAE56B} (SysProWmi Class) - http://support.dell.com/systemprofiler/SysPro.CAB
O16 - DPF: {2B323CD9-50E3-11D3-9466-00A0C9700498} (Yahoo! Audio Conferencing) - http://us.chat1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/cha…v45/yacscom.cab
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99F7-4BB4-88D8-FA1D4F56A2AB} (YInstStarter Class) - http://us.dl1.yimg.com/download.yahoo.com/…nst20040510.cab
O16 - DPF: {6A060448-60F9-11D5-A6CD-0002B31F7455} (ExentInf Class) - http://us.games2.yimg.com/download.games.y…ctl_0_0_0_1.ocx
O16 - DPF: {7D1E9C49-BD6A-11D3-87A8-009027A35D73} (Yahoo! Audio UI1) - http://chat.yahoo.com/cab/yacsui.cab
O16 - DPF: {924C1588-90C3-4910-B6CA-D57A1C0418FE} (YbUploadFavsCtl Class) - http://download.yahoo.com/dl/bookmarks/ybconvfav030408.cab
O16 - DPF: {9F1C11AA-197B-4942-BA54-47A8489BB47F} (Update Class) - http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/CAB/…7922.7322222222
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwa…ash/swflash.cab
O16 - DPF: {D81CA86B-EF63-42AF-BEE3-4502D9A03C2D} (MMRadioHostX Class) - http://wwws.musicmatch.com/graphics/WebPlayer/MMLRadio.cab
O16 - DPF: {DE22A7AB-A739-4C58-AD52-21F9CD6306B7} (CTAdjust Class) - http://download.microsoft.com/download/7/E…04/clearadj.cab
O16 - DPF: {E504EE6E-47C6-11D5-B8AB-00D0B78F3D48} (Yahoo! Webcam Viewer Wrapper) - http://chat.yahoo.com/cab/yvwrctl.cab
O16 - DPF: {F54C1137-5E34-4B95-95A5-BA56D4D8D743} (Secure Delivery) - http://www.gamespot.com/KDX22/download/kdx.cab
O16 - DPF: {F58E1CEF-A068-4C15-BA5E-587CAF3EE8C6} (MSN Chat Control 4.5) - http://chat.msn.com/bin/msnchat45.cab

Thanks very much for your professional help,
Tom
Greetings and welcome to TomCoyote.com!

May your day be blessed by those you love and those you love be blessed by HIM. - Coyote

I'm going to suggest several things tom. They may or may not cure your problem.

This entry:

O10 - Broken Internet access because of LSP provider 'osmim.dll' missing

tells us you have a "Winsock hijack".

Let's get rid of that Winsock hijack first.

To do that, do these steps:

1. Download and run: http://www.cexx.org/LSPFix.exe
2. Check 'I know what I'm doing'.
3. Select 'osmim.dll'.
4. Click the right-pointing arrow.
5. Click 'Finished'.
6. Restart your computer. Verify your Internet connection is working.

Next, it appears you have 2 antivirus programs running at the same time - Avast and McAfee. It's not a good idea to have two antivirus programs installed and active at the same time. The "rule of thumb" is to uninstall the last one you installed.

These things need fixed with Hijack This!:

R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing

O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {6C3797D2-3FEF-4cd4-B654-D3AE55B4128C} - (no file)

If you have uninstalled Earthlink, their "uninstall" didn't get everything. It left this:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ConMgr.exe] "C:\Program Files\EarthLink 5.0\conmgr.exe"

FIX THE ABOVE ITEM ONLY IF YOU HAVE UNINSTALLED EARTHLINK AND ARE SURE YOU DO NOT REQUIRE THAT PROGRAM TO ACCESS THE INTERNET!!!!


I hope the things suggested here will help get your PC back to normal.

Please post back in this thread to let us know how things work out. :)
Micah_6:8,

Thanks very much for your time and help. I have just finished going through all the steps of your instruction:

1. removed Winsock Hijack or osmim.dll with LSPFix.exe, reboot,
2. uninstalled Avast completely from my Windows XP (with the help of "Search for Avast," my broadband internet connection works perfectly fine),
3. R3 and O3 were both permanently fixed or deleted by hijackthis,
4. I got rid of the last piece of Earthlink and am sure I don't need that to access Internet.

Still the same problem remains like before. For example, a messege would prompt

"Sorry, we could not sign you in because the sign-in name you entered does not exist or your password is incorrect. If you have forgotten your password, please click help in main Messenger window, and click help topics for instructions on resetting your password. 0x81000303."

whenever I try to log into my MSN messenger. Please help again! Thanks!!!

So the following is new hijackthis log file:



Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
Scan saved at 3:37:46 PM, on 6/13/2004
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsrte.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\carpserv.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\AccessDirect\dadapp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\DSentry.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\Agent\mcagent.exe
C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshld.exe
C:\WINDOWS\kdx\KHost.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\SYSTEM~1\WScheduler.exe
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mmtask.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\BILLPS~1\WINPAT~1\WinPatrol.exe
C:\Program Files\CursorXP\CursorXP.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Others\Desktop\John's documents\John's download\screen savers\cool features\cleanupHistroryFiles\FreeRamBetterSpeed\FreeRAM XP Pro 1.40.exe
C:\Program Files\Switch Off\swoff.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wgp.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Digital Line Detect\DLG.exe
C:\Kingsoft\Powerword 2003\XDICT.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\webshots.scr
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wbem\wmiapsrv.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Others\Desktop\John's documents\John's download\screen savers\spyware finders\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://mail.yahoo.com/?.intl=us
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.dellnet.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.dellnet.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = http://localhost
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,Shellnext = http://www.dellnet.com/
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\ycomp5_3_16_0.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SysShield IE Popup Blocker - {9A23B8A4-C6C9-4A68-8FA6-5F905DC8FF80} - C:\Program Files\SysShield Tools\Internet Eraser\pkext.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: AbsoluteShield - {EE9DD090-902D-4623-9360-FB7D8666202B} - C:\Program Files\SysShield Tools\Internet Eraser\AbsoluteBar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\ycomp5_3_16_0.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIModeChange] Ati2mdxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CARPService] carpserv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DadApp] C:\Program Files\Dell\AccessDirect\dadapp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DVDSentry] C:\WINDOWS\System32\DSentry.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCAgentExe] C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\Agent\mcagent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\McUpdate.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdaptecDirectCD] "C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VirusScan Online] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshld.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ConMgr.exe] "C:\Program Files\EarthLink 5.0\conmgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [kdx] C:\WINDOWS\kdx\KHost.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WScheduler] C:\PROGRA~1\SYSTEM~1\WScheduler.exe /LOGON
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mmtask] C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mmtask.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinPatrol] "C:\PROGRA~1\BILLPS~1\WINPAT~1\WinPatrol.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinGuard Pro] C:\WINDOWS\System32\lockctrl.exe C:\WINDOWS\System32\wgp.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ashMaiSv] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashmaisv.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CursorXP] C:\Program Files\CursorXP\CursorXP.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [FreeRAM XP] "C:\Documents and Settings\Others\Desktop\John's documents\John's download\screen savers\cool features\cleanupHistroryFiles\FreeRamBetterSpeed\FreeRAM XP Pro 1.40.exe" -win
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Switch Off] C:\Program Files\Switch Off\swoff.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
O4 - Startup: Webshots.lnk = C:\Program Files\Webshots\Launcher.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Digital Line Detect.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Powerword 2003.lnk = C:\Kingsoft\Powerword 2003\XDICT.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Add animation to IncrediMail Style Box - C:\PROGRA~1\INCRED~2\bin\resources\WebMenuImg.htm
O9 - Extra button: PowerWord (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Real.com (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Messenger (HKLM)
O12 - Plugin for .png: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\PLUGINS\npqtplugin4.dll
O16 - DPF: Yahoo! Pool 2 - http://download.games.yahoo.com/games/clients/y/potd_x.cab
O16 - DPF: {01A88BB1-1174-41EC-ACCB-963509EAE56B} (SysProWmi Class) - http://support.dell.com/systemprofiler/SysPro.CAB
O16 - DPF: {2B323CD9-50E3-11D3-9466-00A0C9700498} (Yahoo! Audio Conferencing) - http://us.chat1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/cha…v45/yacscom.cab
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99F7-4BB4-88D8-FA1D4F56A2AB} (YInstStarter Class) - http://us.dl1.yimg.com/download.yahoo.com/…nst20040510.cab
O16 - DPF: {6A060448-60F9-11D5-A6CD-0002B31F7455} (ExentInf Class) - http://us.games2.yimg.com/download.games.y…ctl_0_0_0_1.ocx
O16 - DPF: {7D1E9C49-BD6A-11D3-87A8-009027A35D73} (Yahoo! Audio UI1) - http://chat.yahoo.com/cab/yacsui.cab
O16 - DPF: {924C1588-90C3-4910-B6CA-D57A1C0418FE} (YbUploadFavsCtl Class) - http://download.yahoo.com/dl/bookmarks/ybconvfav030408.cab
O16 - DPF: {9F1C11AA-197B-4942-BA54-47A8489BB47F} (Update Class) - http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/CAB/…7922.7322222222
O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwa…ash/swflash.cab
O16 - DPF: {D81CA86B-EF63-42AF-BEE3-4502D9A03C2D} (MMRadioHostX Class) - http://wwws.musicmatch.com/graphics/WebPlayer/MMLRadio.cab
O16 - DPF: {DE22A7AB-A739-4C58-AD52-21F9CD6306B7} (CTAdjust Class) - http://download.microsoft.com/download/7/E…04/clearadj.cab
O16 - DPF: {E504EE6E-47C6-11D5-B8AB-00D0B78F3D48} (Yahoo! Webcam Viewer Wrapper) - http://chat.yahoo.com/cab/yvwrctl.cab
O16 - DPF: {F54C1137-5E34-4B95-95A5-BA56D4D8D743} (Secure Delivery) - http://www.gamespot.com/KDX22/download/kdx.cab
O16 - DPF: {F58E1CEF-A068-4C15-BA5E-587CAF3EE8C6} (MSN Chat Control 4.5) - http://chat.msn.com/bin/msnchat45.cab


Tom
Tom,

The log looks fine. :thumbup:

After an Internet search, I found the blue text at the following link:

http://forums.happy-messaging.com/discus/m…es/35/1689.html


Neil Smith (Smithler)
New member
Username: Smithler

Post Number: 1
Registered: 04-2004
Posted on Tuesday, April 13, 2004 - 09:42 pm:

——————————————————————————–
I have a better solution as how to solve the 0x81000303 problem. Simply type out or paste exactly as it is here RegSvr32 Softpub.dll in the run bit at the side of the start menu and then click ok, all should work from there.


Loosely translated, they say to go to:

Start > Run

Then paste this into the command line:

RegSvr32 Softpub.dll

There is more at the above link you need to read.

I hope this is the cure you seek.

Please post back in this thread letting us know how things worked out. :)
Micah_6:8, Wow! That is super amazing! It took me only one second to fix that problem. I highly appreciate all your time and help Micah. I just can't believe that I can get help this way (first time ever) and truly solve the "big problem"–a main tool that I use for at least weekly online communication with family and friends. Thank you, thank you and thank you!! But I just like to ask you one more thing though, how did that occur in the first place? Is it from downloading softwares, hijackers or something else? How do I prevent that from happening again? Also, it looks like ZoneAlarm already has a firewall, is it ok to download a personal firewall? Thanks! I told my family that I felt like a computer expert at moment the mystery was solved, with the help from a REAL expert MICAH! :D Tom
Just glad we could help tom :) I'm not an "expert", I just want to help. When the fixes we proposed didn't solve your problem, I just stuck "0x81000303" into IE's search box, and Voila!!! :D If you have any problems with your browser getting "hijacked" or "bugs" in your machine, don't hesitate to come back. There are a lot more people here (better than I) ready, willing and able to help. :thumbup: Surf safe!!!! GOD bless!!!! M68 :)
Glad we could help :D

As this problem has been resolved the topic will be closed. If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending an email to us at the following link
(Click for address)

The subject of the email must be "Reopen". Include your post username and details about why you need it reopened, with a valid link to your post.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI